Dove Pressnall published Fees and Insurance in Therapy & Coaching 2021-12-31 17:08:37 -0800
Fees and Insurance
Fees for Services Offered
As of January 1, 2023, the services offered by Talking Possibilities and related fees are as follows:
- Initial consultation: No charge for one virtual meeting of 20 minutes or less.
- Individual or couple's therapy, in person or by video conference: $225 per 45-minute session.
- Family therapy, in person or by video conference: $245 per 45-minute session.
- Legal evaluation, reporting, consultation, and testimonial services may be available on a case-by-case basis at a rate of $525 per hour or portion thereof. Reasonable travel costs will also apply where relevant.
- In-home or other out of office therapeutic services will incur travel costs of $100 per hour.
- Note: Meetings that go longer than scheduled, extended written correspondence, and between session telephone calls over ten minutes in length may be charged on a prorated basis.
You may have additional resources such as insurance or a Medical Savings Account available to help reduce your costs for my therapy and we are happy to help you do so!
While Talking Possibilities is not a “preferred provider” on any insurance panel and all therapy services are considered “Out of Network,” Talking Possibilities will, on request, provide a Superbill documenting the services rendered and payments made to be submitted by the client for possible reimbursement.
Good Faith Estimate Notice
Under the law, health care providers need to give patients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the expected charges for medical services, including psychotherapy services. You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency healthcare services, including psychotherapy services.
You can ask your health care provider, and any other provider you choose, for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule a service. If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill. Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate. For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, visit www.cms.gov/nosurprises.
Psychotherapist (all one word, most days), mom, writer, social entrepreneur. Committed to #SocialJustice #RacialJustice #LGBTQEquality #SocialConstruction