My approach focuses on two questions:
What is needed or wanted?
What are possible options for having more of what is needed or wanted?
It's really that simple.
Over the years, I have been very fortunate to be able to work with a broad range of issues--from counseling people around day-to-day worries to planning national mental health, transitional justice, and protection strategies in humanitarian relief settings. Talking Possibilities brings together and connects my experience and interests in a number of arenas. A licensed therapist since 2001, I really enjoy working with individuals of all ages, couples, and families. However, I always see what I do in a larger context. So I am also excited to work with community groups, companies, and governments looking to make larger-scale impact through education, social innovation, and technology integration.
Whether working with an individual, a business, or a post-conflict community, I am most interested in how we can innovate with what is to create more of what is wanted.
A Bit About Me - as a person
- Yes, my name is really Dove. Yes, my parents were hippies when they named me.
- I live with my son in an area of Los Angeles where it is generally possible to walk or take public transportation to whatever we need.
- I do own a car.
- I enjoy spending time with friends, eating good food, reading, hiking and seeing the occasional movie.
- I have traveled a fair bit - to the South Pacific, Africa, Europe, Mexico - but have never been to Asia, the Middle East or South America. I will go to Asia, the Middle East, and South America at some point.
- I speak English and Melanesian Pidgin fluently...and Spanish well enough to get by.